Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Oli Oli is offline

Default Activating wrap text format causes my text to disappear, why?

Activating wrap text causes all my data to disappear. How do I correct this
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will only display 1024 characters in a cell, unless you
make use of Alt+Enter to force a new line occassionally.

Manually changing the height of a row or manually changing
the width of a column can present problems, because that
tells Excel that you will be doing this from now on.

I would suggest that you format cells so that they are aligned
to the top then only the bottom might not show.

You can "fix" by selecting all cells (Ctrl+A) any Excel before
Excel 2003, then double-click on the boundary between
the row numbers. Be aware that you will have to do this again
in the future. Warnings on use of Ctrl+A in Excel 2003 or up,
see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...x2k.htm#foobar
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Oli" wrote...
Activating wrap text causes all my data to disappear. How do I correct this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem, when I activate "wrap text", the text doesn't get
displayed, it is there but no matter the letter size or cell size, I can't
see it.

If I change the text orientation to a degree other than 0° and 90°, all the
letters appear one over the other on the upper left corner. I have tried
"Help\detect and repair", reinstall from the "control panel\add remove
programs" and turning the PC off and on, after a while it goes back to work
normally, but I haven't been able to identify which of the things or order of
performing them makes it work, but it's annoying.

If anyone can help with this I'll be forever thankful

Esteban