Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text and today's date in 1 cell

I need to set up a cell to have today's date with the user's initials. For
example, ABC 2007/02/08. How do I do this? Please notice that the date
format is European. Thanking you in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1&TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy/mm/dd")
if the initials are in A1
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200705

"rexie3" wrote:

I need to set up a cell to have today's date with the user's initials. For
example, ABC 2007/02/08. How do I do this? Please notice that the date
format is European. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="ABC "&TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY/MM/DD")
--
David Biddulph

"rexie3" wrote in message
I need to set up a cell to have today's date with the user's initials. For
example, ABC 2007/02/08. How do I do this? Please notice that the date
format is European. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rexie,

You could put =TODAY() in the cell, and format it (Format - Cells - Number - Custom tab:

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"rexie3" wrote in message
I need to set up a cell to have today's date with the user's initials. For
example, ABC 2007/02/08. How do I do this? Please notice that the date
format is European. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much! Now my headache is half gone...finally. I have another
posting that's much more complicated.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=A1&TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy/mm/dd")
if the initials are in A1
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200705

"rexie3" wrote:

I need to set up a cell to have today's date with the user's initials. For
example, ABC 2007/02/08. How do I do this? Please notice that the date
format is European. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you David. Once again the Community has saved my brain.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

="ABC "&TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY/MM/DD")
--
David Biddulph