Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort top 50 in Pivot table

Hello I only want the pivot table to show me the top fifty products. this
is what I did - pivot - sort top 10 - descending - using field (Product
Description ) - ON - show - top 50 - using field - sum of total - OK
- table looks the same as before except that the font in the column entitled
Product description is now blue all products show in descending order not
just the first 50 thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How is the pivot table set up? Is product description the only field in
the row area? If not, you may be seeing the top 50 per region, or
whatever other field you have in the row area.

If that's the problem, and you just want to see the top 50 products, you
could make another copy of the pivot table, and only show products in
the row area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures