Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Default Sort function on Pivot Table

Does anyone knows why Pivot table do not sort properly if your sort is based
on 2.3.or 4... column. I have tried many times and always resort to 1st
Column. I have also tried the Advance function of Pivot Field.

Thank
Dinesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Mac

Hey Dinesh...

Look at the Options tab on the Data Sort pop up window... if it is set to
"Sort left to right" it will default to the first column in the Pivot
Table... otherwise select the "Sort top to bottom" option for the pivot
table to sort on the column that you have selected...
--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac

"Dinesh" wrote:

Does anyone knows why Pivot table do not sort properly if your sort is based
on 2.3.or 4... column. I have tried many times and always resort to 1st
Column. I have also tried the Advance function of Pivot Field.

Thank
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dinesh

Hi Joe,
It is set to "Top to Bottom". Although, the orientation do not give you an
option to change it on Pivot table. It's default to Col "A.

Thanks.

Dinesh