Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one in a Worksheet

Can anyone tell me how to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one in a
Worksheet?
--
Kjeld K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're using xl2007?

If yes, make sure you're working on a file that you didn't open in that earlier
"compatibility" mode.

(I don't use xl2007, so you may have to look--or wait for more details from
someone else.)

If you're using xl2003 or earlier, column IV is the last column.

KJELDK wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one in a
Worksheet?
--
Kjeld K

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can only get more than 256 columns if you have Excel 2007. Even if you
do old workbooks open in 'compatibility mode' and still display only 256.
Pick "Convert" from the Office menu to upgrade the workbook into the newer
format and you'll get all 16K columns.

--
Jim
"KJELDK" wrote in message
| Dave, if thats the case why can't I get more that to the Collum "IV" -
What
| to do???
| --
| Kjeld K
|

| "Dave Peterson" skrev:
|
| Use another worksheet???
|
| xl2007 offers 16384 columns. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?
|
| KJELDK wrote:
|
| Can anyone tell me how to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one
in a
| Worksheet?
| --
| Kjeld K
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using XL 2007 in compatibility mode you will see columns to IV. If
you're using XL 2007 in 2007 mode, you will see 16000+ columns.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

KJELDK wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one in a
Worksheet?
--
Kjeld K

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"What to do" is to look again at what version of Excel you've got, and at
Dave's answer.

The answer was that xl2007 has 16384 columns. You have timed your enquiry
very well, as Office 2007 went on sale yesterday.
--
David Biddulph

KJELDK wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to expand coloms beond the last avaliable one in
Worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll wait a long time.
The Answers have been given.