Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toggle values with SUMPRODUCT

Hi to all,

I am trying to build a basic Balance Sheet to use as a reference for another
project. One worksheet contains all the data for each month of 2006 (monthly
ending balances), and I am using the following to pull it into my template:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Region=E$11),--(Group=$D17),January)

Where Region is the region the office is in, Group is the account group the
balance belongs to (Cash, A/R etc.) and January is the month to show (all
ranges are named).

Is there a way I can setup some form of toggle for the month , so I can
switch between each of the 12 months, and not have to change formulae or
create duplicate worksheets? All help appreciated.

Regards,

Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use data validation to create a drop-down of the 12 months in a cell and
reference that cell in your SUMPRODUCT function. So, if you want to change
from January to February, you would select February from the drop-down, and
your calculations would adjust automatically.

Data validation can be found via Data--Validation. For more info, see he
http://www.mrexcel.com/td0037.html

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Alan Smith" wrote:

Hi to all,

I am trying to build a basic Balance Sheet to use as a reference for another
project. One worksheet contains all the data for each month of 2006 (monthly
ending balances), and I am using the following to pull it into my template:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Region=E$11),--(Group=$D17),January)

Where Region is the region the office is in, Group is the account group the
balance belongs to (Cash, A/R etc.) and January is the month to show (all
ranges are named).

Is there a way I can setup some form of toggle for the month , so I can
switch between each of the 12 months, and not have to change formulae or
create duplicate worksheets? All help appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

u may also try to take advantage of a Spinner from the Form tools (format
control with min(1), max(12)) to toggle a cell, let say B1 which is the
Spinners Cell link.

then your formula remains something like this for toggling results.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Region=E$11),--(Group=$D17),B1)

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..