Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Smith Alan Smith is offline

Default Toggle values with SUMPRODUCT

Looks like we have a winner!!! Thanks Bob.

Alan

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Put the name in a cell, say A1, and use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Region=E$11),--(Group=$D17),INDIRECT(A1))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Alan Smith" wrote in message
Hi to all,

I am trying to build a basic Balance Sheet to use as a reference for
another
project. One worksheet contains all the data for each month of 2006
(monthly
ending balances), and I am using the following to pull it into my
template:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Region=E$11),--(Group=$D17),January)

Where Region is the region the office is in, Group is the account group
the
balance belongs to (Cash, A/R etc.) and January is the month to show (all
ranges are named).

Is there a way I can setup some form of toggle for the month , so I can
switch between each of the 12 months, and not have to change formulae or
create duplicate worksheets? All help appreciated.

Regards,

Alan