Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amy Amy is offline

Default Filter for Decade Birthdays

I have a list of Clients with birthdays, but only want to send gifts to
clients with decade birthdays this year, (40, 50, 60 etc). I am not sure how
to "pull out" the people with the right year of birth from the entire list.

Thanks in advance!

Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Amy,

If your birthdates are in column B starting in row 2, in cell C2 use this formula

=RIGHT(YEAR(B2),1)="7"

and copy down to match your birthday data. Then filter for TRUE on column C.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Amy" wrote in message
I have a list of Clients with birthdays, but only want to send gifts to
clients with decade birthdays this year, (40, 50, 60 etc). I am not sure how
to "pull out" the people with the right year of birth from the entire list.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

try a helper column
=mod(year(birthday),10)
then use auto filter for 7 (for this year)