Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving to a file multiple times

I keep my work notes in a big Excel file, which I update and save to several
times every day. If I continue to save to the same file literally hundreds
of times, will the file become inefficient? Is the file rewritten each time
I save to it, or are the changes merely appended somehow?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, it won't become inefficient. Generally you're simply overwriting the old
information with the new.

One recommendation: if these work notes are crucial to your business or work
process in general, in other words if you consider them very important; then
be sure you make a backup of that file regularaly. The backup should be to a
different disk drive or device than the drive you usually keep the file on.
Nothing like a hard drive crash with your only copy of something like that on
it to really turn it into a really bad hair day.

"NickB" wrote:

I keep my work notes in a big Excel file, which I update and save to several
times every day. If I continue to save to the same file literally hundreds
of times, will the file become inefficient? Is the file rewritten each time
I save to it, or are the changes merely appended somehow?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Nick
try this
For saving we have one good option in Tool menu
no need to save every time. we can give one specific time e.g u gave 2min
for auto save. every two min automatically it will be save edit or not
edit. but as per command it will be save after 2 , 2 min.

this is very useful for u try once

TOOLS OPTIONS SAVE / setting just click tick mark and write the time how
much time u want for file saving, means every req time file should be
automatic save.

try and give reply good day
bye

--