-   -   Saving to a file multiple times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127413-saving-file-multiple-times.html)

NickB

Saving to a file multiple times

I keep my work notes in a big Excel file, which I update and save to several
times every day. If I continue to save to the same file literally hundreds
of times, will the file become inefficient? Is the file rewritten each time
I save to it, or are the changes merely appended somehow?

Thanks!

JLatham

Saving to a file multiple times

No, it won't become inefficient. Generally you're simply overwriting the old
information with the new.

One recommendation: if these work notes are crucial to your business or work
process in general, in other words if you consider them very important; then
be sure you make a backup of that file regularaly. The backup should be to a
different disk drive or device than the drive you usually keep the file on.
Nothing like a hard drive crash with your only copy of something like that on
it to really turn it into a really bad hair day.

"NickB" wrote:

I keep my work notes in a big Excel file, which I update and save to several
times every day. If I continue to save to the same file literally hundreds
of times, will the file become inefficient? Is the file rewritten each time
I save to it, or are the changes merely appended somehow?

Thanks!

Prasadkakarla

Saving to a file multiple times

Hello Nick
try this
For saving we have one good option in Tool menu
no need to save every time. we can give one specific time e.g u gave 2min
for auto save. every two min automatically it will be save edit or not
edit. but as per command it will be save after 2 , 2 min.

this is very useful for u try once

TOOLS OPTIONS SAVE / setting just click tick mark and write the time how
much time u want for file saving, means every req time file should be
automatic save.

try and give reply good day
bye

--