Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Default Cannot open the Excel file in the desktop directly

The excel file place onto the desktop, I open the file from the desktop
directly then the Excel was run but the file not yet open. I run the Windows
Explorer and open the excel file from there has no problem.
The platform is Windows XP and Office 2003 Simp. Chinese.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Kim,

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Click to clear the Ignore other applications check box, and then click OK.

Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211494/en-us

If above does nto work then, try,
1. Quit Excel and all other programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type excel /unregserver, and then click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. Type excel /regserver, and then click OK.
6. Start Excel application.
7. Quit Excel.
8. Now try opening the file

Rgds
Parvez

Kim wrote:
The excel file place onto the desktop, I open the file from the desktop
directly then the Excel was run but the file not yet open. I run the Windows
Explorer and open the excel file from there has no problem.
The platform is Windows XP and Office 2003 Simp. Chinese.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Hi Parvez,

The problem was fixed, thanks for your help.

Regards,
Kim

"Kim" wrote:

The excel file place onto the desktop, I open the file from the desktop
directly then the Excel was run but the file not yet open. I run the Windows
Explorer and open the excel file from there has no problem.
The platform is Windows XP and Office 2003 Simp. Chinese.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Kim

Happy to hear that its fixed. Was it anyother fix, if yes then what is it? It
might help others in the forum.