Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hyperlink

I can't get a hyperlink to work. I right click a cell, click hyperlink, and
select a file on my computer. When I click OK and try to access the hyperlink
in the worksheet, Excel says "cannot open the specified file". I right click
the cell and select edit hyperlink. Excel is looking in the wrong folder.
It's defaulting to a different a folder than the location that I'm selecting.
I tried several times to select the correct folder, but Excel is defaulting
to a different location which is why the hyperlink isn't working. How do I
fix this? Thanks.