Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "paste special" a hyperlink to another worksheet...

I want a hyperlink, to a website, on worksheet 1, to also appear on worksheet
2. If I have to change the hyperlink on worksheet 1, I want it to
automatically change on worksheet 2 - and still function as a hyperlink. The
steps I do: 1) create the hyperlink in WS1. 2) With the source cell
selected, I issue a copy command. 3) select the cell in WS2 where I want the
hyperlink to also be displayed. 4) I goto the Menu: Edit..., Paste Special,
I click the "paste link" button in the dialog box. I don't change anything in
the dialog box. 5) I hit enter. It works for me only occasionally. I
believe I am replicating the steps consistently each time. When I am
successful, the formula line displays "=Sheet1!$A$1" in the destination cell
on WS2. If I simply try to type out the formula manually into the formula
bar, it will chang when the source is changed, but the hyperlink won't
function (it has no underline indicating that it is a hyperlink). My computer
is virus free. I have a legitimate, and registered copy of Excel. I have
tried this on other people's computers and have the same problem, so it must
be how I am doing it. I have Excel 2003.

How can I make this work consistantly? Help...

Thanks for your time in offering me a solution.