Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Additional column in excel downloaded template.

I downloaded a template from microsoft office "service invoice with tax
calculations".I would like to add two additional columns too this template
and have them multiply.ex. currently E=C X D,i would like it to be G=CxDxExF.
If i did not explain this good enough,please reply to this or i can email
the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do not say much?
Wouldn't C x D x E x F result in the product of C x D being multiplied again?

Say C = 2, D = 2, then E = 4. Now you want to say 2x2x4xE x F?

Inserting new columns would really only require that you change relevant
formulae, adjusting the print range and then of course possibly some VBA
code, if applicable.

Without info, it would be rather difficult to help you, and we prefer
keeping it in the group, so that other members can participate, share and
also benefit from individual enquiries
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree we should keep it in the group,The only reason i put my email address
in was that i figured I might not be able to explain it good enough and if i
could email the template i was talking about it would help,i'm not trying to
avoid the group,i use it all the time and it is very helpful.
sorry If i implied differently.

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bobby, I'm not fighting, send me your file, and tell me what you want done
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kassie,
I replied to your email,hopefully explaining it better and I attached two
invoice,so you could see what I'm trying to do. ex1 the orignal i downloaded
and ex2 the invoice with the two columns I added.
thanks again

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very much appreciated,sorry for sounding stupid, But I'm new at enterinf
formulas and cannot figure out what excel help is telling me...lol

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bobby donwloaded a template, as he explained. He then wanted an additional 2
columns on this invoice. The scenario is that either the original pair of
columns (Col C & D) or the pair of new columns (Col E & F) could contain
values, which he would like to calculate in his Total column (now Col G).
Therefore, if Col C<"" calculate the value of C*D, else if E<"", calculate
the value of E*F. I suggested the following formula, which he is happy with

=IF(AND(C17="",E17=""),"",IF(C17<"",C17*D17,E17*F 17))
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much Kassie for all your help,I could never had figured that
out for myself.

the invoice template I can be reached at hotmal.com
Thanks
Bobby