Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can i show repeated values in a pivot table?

Hi,

I've produced a pivot table to count the number of patients waiting in
various groupings. As excel nicely does, it's supressed repeated values when
there are more than one sub-categories within a main category...

e.g.

Sub heading Weeks Wait No. of Patients
Colonoscopy 0 25
1 20
2 15
3 6

Is there a way I can tell the pivot table to show "colonoscopy" on every row
rather than supress the repeated value? I can't seem to find an obvious way
of doing it.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nothing simple. You have to copy the values out of the pivot table and
manipulet them in a regular sheet. You could do it with code and the code is
not too wild and crazy (not exactly simple but very doable).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DavidHawes" wrote:

Hi,

I've produced a pivot table to count the number of patients waiting in
various groupings. As excel nicely does, it's supressed repeated values when
there are more than one sub-categories within a main category...

e.g.

Sub heading Weeks Wait No. of Patients
Colonoscopy 0 25
1 20
2 15
3 6

Is there a way I can tell the pivot table to show "colonoscopy" on every row
rather than supress the repeated value? I can't seem to find an obvious way
of doing it.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks - i was hoping there was a way of doing it in the pivot table
itself as I was hoping to save the manual copying and pasting etc but I
suppose it's a limitation of pivot tabels.

Thanks again.

"DavidHawes" wrote:

Hi,

I've produced a pivot table to count the number of patients waiting in
various groupings. As excel nicely does, it's supressed repeated values when
there are more than one sub-categories within a main category...

e.g.

Sub heading Weeks Wait No. of Patients
Colonoscopy 0 25
1 20
2 15
3 6

Is there a way I can tell the pivot table to show "colonoscopy" on every row
rather than supress the repeated value? I can't seem to find an obvious way
of doing it.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you were needing it, the way to fill in the blank cells quickly would be
as follows:

copy the pivot tabel columns
Past Special Values in empty columns.
in cell directly below, say Colonoscopy, (let's assume this value is now in
D4)
type =D4 in cell D5
copy D5
select columns you would like to do fill-in for
Edit - Go to - Special - Blanks
paste

Then, highlight the columns again and paste special- values.