Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default can i show repeated values in a pivot table?

If you were needing it, the way to fill in the blank cells quickly would be
as follows:

copy the pivot tabel columns
Past Special Values in empty columns.
in cell directly below, say Colonoscopy, (let's assume this value is now in
D4)
type =D4 in cell D5
copy D5
select columns you would like to do fill-in for
Edit - Go to - Special - Blanks
paste

Then, highlight the columns again and paste special- values.

"DavidHawes" wrote:

Many thanks - i was hoping there was a way of doing it in the pivot table
itself as I was hoping to save the manual copying and pasting etc but I
suppose it's a limitation of pivot tabels.

Thanks again.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Nothing simple. You have to copy the values out of the pivot table and
manipulet them in a regular sheet. You could do it with code and the code is
not too wild and crazy (not exactly simple but very doable).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DavidHawes" wrote:

Hi,

I've produced a pivot table to count the number of patients waiting in
various groupings. As excel nicely does, it's supressed repeated values when
there are more than one sub-categories within a main category...

e.g.

Sub heading Weeks Wait No. of Patients
Colonoscopy 0 25
1 20
2 15
3 6

Is there a way I can tell the pivot table to show "colonoscopy" on every row
rather than supress the repeated value? I can't seem to find an obvious way
of doing it.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

David