Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compatibility Checker Problem

When I open older excel files in Office 2007 Pro Plus and try to save, I get
the Compatibility Checker popping up alot. I checked into the help files and
found this...

In the Compatibility Checker, click Find to locate the cells and ranges that fall
outside of the row and column limits, select them, and then place them within
the column and row limits or on another sheet by using the Cut and Paste
commands.

However, there is no FIND button in my compatibility checker. I am not
running a beta version of Office 2007. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no Find 'button' but the message doesn't say 'button' in any case.
It just says 'click Find'. On my screen 'Find' appears as a hypertext link
to the right of the functionality loss description.

Odd though that the message you see says the issue is data beyond the older
sheet size. If you open an old workbook and save it, as you said you did,
how would data get beyond column IV or row 65,636?

--
Jim
"Mark B" wrote in message
| When I open older excel files in Office 2007 Pro Plus and try to save, I
get
| the Compatibility Checker popping up alot. I checked into the help files
and
| found this...
|
| In the Compatibility Checker, click Find to locate the cells and ranges
that fall
| outside of the row and column limits, select them, and then place them
within
| the column and row limits or on another sheet by using the Cut and Paste
| commands.
|
| However, there is no FIND button in my compatibility checker. I am not
| running a beta version of Office 2007. Can anyone help?
|
| Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no find "link" (sorry), so I am still in a quandry as to which
fields it is talking about, since i Have hundreds of fields in my sheet and
it says 4 are a problem.

And you are right about the oddness...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, if you can send me an example workbook that has this problem I'd like
to look at it. Might be a bug in Excel 2007.

--
Jim
"Mark B" wrote in message
| There is no find "link" (sorry), so I am still in a quandry as to which
| fields it is talking about, since i Have hundreds of fields in my sheet
and
| it says 4 are a problem.
|
| And you are right about the oddness...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc