Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting a single value across multiple cell groups

Hi

1st apologies if this has been asked before, working on a I need connection
in Hungary and don't have ages to search....

I need to count the number occurences of a value (in this case two letter
e.g. "DB") in multiple cell ranges within a worksheet; I am hoping its just a
case of knowing the correct separator within the function - this is the kind
of function I was trying to get work:

=countif(A1:C8[separator here]F1:Q10,"DB")

The problem I am having is with the separator... Help!

Thanks
Ivan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Evilivan

Try two countifs

=COUNTIF($A$1:$C$8,"DB")+COUNTIF($F$1:$Q$10,"DB")

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Evilivan" wrote in message
Hi

1st apologies if this has been asked before, working on a I need
connection
in Hungary and don't have ages to search....

I need to count the number occurences of a value (in this case two letter
e.g. "DB") in multiple cell ranges within a worksheet; I am hoping its
just a
case of knowing the correct separator within the function - this is the
kind
of function I was trying to get work:

=countif(A1:C8[separator here]F1:Q10,"DB")

The problem I am having is with the separator... Help!

Thanks
Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Nick

Thanks for the quick reply - on Xmas eve no less (if that means anything to
you of course), will give it a try but it sounds like it should work - I
didn't know you could double up the "count if's".

Cheers
Ivan

"Evilivan" wrote in message
Hi

1st apologies if this has been asked before, working on a I need
connection
in Hungary and don't have ages to search....

I need to count the number occurences of a value (in this case two letter
e.g. "DB") in multiple cell ranges within a worksheet; I am hoping its
just a
case of knowing the correct separator within the function - this is the
kind
of function I was trying to get work:

=countif(A1:C8[separator here]F1:Q10,"DB")

The problem I am having is with the separator... Help!

Thanks
Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yep...Christmas is good here..should work for you...

--
HTH
Nick Hodge