Tbentsen

Default Counting values and comparing them to a single cell

What is the formula for counting cells that has a value larger than the value
of a given cell?

Example: In the range of A2 to A8, how many single cells contain a value
bigger than the value of cell A1

Hope someone out there can help me out! :o)
Domenic

Try...

=COUNTIF(A2:A8,""&A1)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Tbentsen" wrote:

What is the formula for counting cells that has a value larger than the value
of a given cell?

Example: In the range of A2 to A8, how many single cells contain a value
bigger than the value of cell A1

Hope someone out there can help me out! :o)

Tbentsen

It sure did! Thank you very much!

I would be very thankful if you could help me out with another problem:

Is there a way in which you can make Excel mark the higest number in a row or
column?

Example:

A B C
1 1 3 2

In this example, I would like the cell B3 (or the text in the cell)
automatically highlighted, as it being the higest value of the three cells
A1:C1

Is this possible?

Best regards
Thomas Bentsen

"Domenic" skrev:

Try...

=COUNTIF(A2:A8,""&A1)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Tbentsen" wrote:

What is the formula for counting cells that has a value larger than the value
of a given cell?

Example: In the range of A2 to A8, how many single cells contain a value
bigger than the value of cell A1

Hope someone out there can help me out! :o)

Domenic

Sure, try the following...

1) Select cell A1

2) Format Conditional Formatting Formula Is

3) Enter the following formula:

=(A1<"")*(A1=MAX($A1:$C1))

4) Choose your formatting

5) Click Ok

6) Copy the format to your other cells using either the 'Format Painter'
or 'Copy Paste Special Formats'.

Hope this helps!