Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I create a special character for the Character Map?

I need to add a special character (a number in a box, circle, and pentagon)
to correspond to a detail on an AutoCad drawing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the "Private Character Editor" included with windows.
Any characters created can be displayed as part of any font.
Unfortunately, you will have to read the help file to understand how
to create the characters. Go to Start | Run and enter "eudcedit"

Also, something from Word Art might work... choose "Picture" from
the Insert menu. Or even the equation editor found in Microsoft Office Tools
on Start | All Programs (on my system anyway) could work.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JohnP"
I need to add a special character (a number in a box, circle, and pentagon)
to correspond to a detail on an AutoCad drawing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Jim.
This is exactly what I need.

I am truly amazed at what people know. If one asks the right question in the
right place at the right time...and the planets align in just the right way,
and the answer appears.

Thanks again, and enjoy the holidays.

John

wrote in message
I need to add a special character (a number in a box, circle, and pentagon)
to correspond to a detail on an AutoCad drawing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the "Private Character Editor" included with windows.

I never knew about that. Pretty cool.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson