Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - Human Interface Device How To

I have a rfid human interface device (usb pen) and I want the information to
go into an excel spreadsheet. As the rfid pen reads tags it sends numbers to
the spreadsheet for recording in a database.

Where/how do I tell the Excel sheet to accept this information coming via
the usb port.
--
Charlie New XP User
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for quick response

The USB pen came with no software and the supplier keeps telling me that
when I plug in the device the H.I.D should start up auto and request where to
send. This does not happen. I was hoping to try the reverse getting Excel
to locate the usb device.

--
Charlie New XP User

"galimi" wrote:

The software that came with the pen should include a library that allows you
to reference it's object model via Excel
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"sswcharlie1" wrote:

I have a rfid human interface device (usb pen) and I want the information to
go into an excel spreadsheet. As the rfid pen reads tags it sends numbers to
the spreadsheet for recording in a database.

Where/how do I tell the Excel sheet to accept this information coming via
the usb port.
--
Charlie New XP User

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps look for the manufacturer's web site and see if there's any
information there. Also look at the links returned with this google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ata+into+excel

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"sswcharlie1" wrote:

I have a rfid human interface device (usb pen) and I want the information to
go into an excel spreadsheet. As the rfid pen reads tags it sends numbers to
the spreadsheet for recording in a database.

Where/how do I tell the Excel sheet to accept this information coming via
the usb port.
--
Charlie New XP User

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I will check some of them out. The supplier is mannings rfid in UK
and the usb pen has no manufacturers markings.
--
Charlie New XP User