Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default missing text when using paste special from word to excel

When pasting a numbered list of interview responses from word to excel using
the paste special - text option I get one column with the number and one
column with the text, which is what I need. However, in some cells, the text
is cut short leaving me with responses that end in mid sentence. I'm using
office 2003 products.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured out that items that started "1. - Text" were being truncated for
some reason as a result of the leading dash. The length of the strings was
not an issue as longer strings were intact as long as the dash was not
present. Thank you for your response.