-   -   missing text when using paste special from word to excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123300-missing-text-when-using-paste-special-word-excel.html)

scottymoore14

missing text when using paste special from word to excel

When pasting a numbered list of interview responses from word to excel using
the paste special - text option I get one column with the number and one
column with the text, which is what I need. However, in some cells, the text
is cut short leaving me with responses that end in mid sentence. I'm using
office 2003 products.

David Biddulph

missing text when using paste special from word to excel

Have you tried Format Cells/ Alignment/ Wap text?
How long are the text strings you are pasting in?
--
David Biddulph

"scottymoore14" wrote in message
When pasting a numbered list of interview responses from word to excel
using
the paste special - text option I get one column with the number and one
column with the text, which is what I need. However, in some cells, the
text
is cut short leaving me with responses that end in mid sentence. I'm using
office 2003 products.

scottymoore14

missing text when using paste special from word to excel

I figured out that items that started "1. - Text" were being truncated for
some reason as a result of the leading dash. The length of the strings was
not an issue as longer strings were intact as long as the dash was not
present. Thank you for your response.