Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple Format Question

In my Excel Sheet I need to enter a lot of numbers formatted as time. An
example would be:

Cell A-1 is 7:00
Cell B-1 is 7:15

And I have a formula to subtract the value of A-1 from B-1 to give a
difference of 15 minutes.

The problem I am having is when I enter a lot of different values for A-1
and B-1 it is a pain because every time I type it in I need to find the shift
key to get the colon inserted.

Is there a way to just type 700 and have Excel understand that I mean 7:00?
This would make my data entry much faster.

Quin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Quin

You can do this with VBA event code.

See Chip Pearson's site for code and instructions.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Or for quick entry of just Dates see Ron de Bruin's site for an add-in.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/qde.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:53:00 -0800, Quin wrote:

In my Excel Sheet I need to enter a lot of numbers formatted as time. An
example would be:

Cell A-1 is 7:00
Cell B-1 is 7:15

And I have a formula to subtract the value of A-1 from B-1 to give a
difference of 15 minutes.

The problem I am having is when I enter a lot of different values for A-1
and B-1 it is a pain because every time I type it in I need to find the shift
key to get the colon inserted.

Is there a way to just type 700 and have Excel understand that I mean 7:00?
This would make my data entry much faster.

Quin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Quin,

Look he