Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format question

When I select and conditional format column A, and then when I conditional
format column B using some of the same cells in column A the conditional
formatting no longer works for the other column. Here's my formula for column
A:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="5",$O$1=5000)
Here's my formula for column B:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="10",$O$1=10000)
If column A criteria is met, everything works fine
If column B is met then column A stops working

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Never said it would! If you read what I had written Column A has "5" Column B
has "10"

"PapaDos" wrote:

LEFT($F$1,1) will NEVER equal "10"...
--
Festina Lente

"Richard" wrote:

When I select and conditional format column A, and then when I conditional
format column B using some of the same cells in column A the conditional
formatting no longer works for the other column. Here's my formula for column
A:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="5",$O$1=5000)
Here's my formula for column B:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="10",$O$1=10000)
If column A criteria is met, everything works fine
If column B is met then column A stops working

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you think you are saying with that formula:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="10",$O$1=10000)
?
--
Festina Lente

"Richard" wrote:

Never said it would! If you read what I had written Column A has "5" Column B
has "10"

"PapaDos" wrote:

LEFT($F$1,1) will NEVER equal "10"...
--
Festina Lente

"Richard" wrote:

When I select and conditional format column A, and then when I conditional
format column B using some of the same cells in column A the conditional
formatting no longer works for the other column. Here's my formula for column
A:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="5",$O$1=5000)
Here's my formula for column B:
=OR(LEFT($F$1,1)="10",$O$1=10000)
If column A criteria is met, everything works fine
If column B is met then column A stops working

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Richard,

I think I supplied you with the original formula. With your amendment
you are obviously trying to look at two characters, but LEFT($F$1,1)
will only look at one character - change it to LEFT($F$1,2).

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Richard" wrote:
Never said it would! If you read what I had written Column A has "5" Column B
has "10"

"PapaDos" wrote:

LEFT($F$1,1) will NEVER equal "10"...
--
Festina Lente

"Richard" wrote:

When I select and conditional format column A, and then when I conditional
format column B using some of the same cells in column A the conditional
formatting no longer works for the other column. Here's my formula for column
A: