Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rotating Rows To Columns

I have some data that was sent to me in a linear fashion with what should
have been the Column headers as row headers. So basically every five rows,
it repeats the same information for the contact - basicallyin column A, First
Name, Last Name, Company, E-mail, and Phone Number, then in repeats every 5
cells. Column B has the information on the contact there.

How can I get the information to rotate, so that I only have one entry for
Column Headers across the top and the data directly underneath?

Thanks in advance,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tripp,

Assuming your data are in column A on Sheet1, insert the following formula in cell A1 on another worksheet and copy across to column
E, then down as far as needed:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5))

If your existing data has empty cells, the above formula will return 0s, which you can hide (Tools|Options|View and uncheck 'zero
values'). If you need to suppress 0s instead, the formula becomes:
=IF(OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5))=0,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5)))

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]