-   -   Rotating Rows To Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122410-rotating-rows-columns.html)

Tripp K

Rotating Rows To Columns

I have some data that was sent to me in a linear fashion with what should
have been the Column headers as row headers. So basically every five rows,
it repeats the same information for the contact - basicallyin column A, First
Name, Last Name, Company, E-mail, and Phone Number, then in repeats every 5
cells. Column B has the information on the contact there.

How can I get the information to rotate, so that I only have one entry for
Column Headers across the top and the data directly underneath?

Thanks in advance,

macropod

Rotating Rows To Columns

Hi Tripp,

Assuming your data are in column A on Sheet1, insert the following formula in cell A1 on another worksheet and copy across to column
E, then down as far as needed:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5))

If your existing data has empty cells, the above formula will return 0s, which you can hide (Tools|Options|View and uncheck 'zero
values'). If you need to suppress 0s instead, the formula becomes:
=IF(OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5))=0,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1+(ROW()-1)*5,INT((ROW()-1)/5)))

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]