Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Strange double-click behaviour

One of our workbooks contains multiple sheets. In only 3 of the sheets, no
matter which cell is double-clicked, it automatically jumps to the first
sheet of the workbook. It doesn't matter what the first sheet is either, so
it doesn't appear that there's a link between any two specific sheets. Has
anyone else had this happened.

Thanks very much for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

right click on the tab of that sheet, select view code.
there may be one that takes you back to "sheet1"

OR:
right-click in that sheet, if it let's you do this, then select assign
macro, to see what macro is attached, because it could be
(and I have done this one)
an autoshape that covers the entire sheet ( no fill and no line, so it is
invisible ) and this may have a macro attached to it.
HTH

"CaymanCarrie" wrote:

One of our workbooks contains multiple sheets. In only 3 of the sheets, no
matter which cell is double-clicked, it automatically jumps to the first
sheet of the workbook. It doesn't matter what the first sheet is either, so
it doesn't appear that there's a link between any two specific sheets. Has
anyone else had this happened.

Thanks very much for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks very much. Your first suggestion seemed to do the trick. There was
quite an extensive VBA in the sheets that were acting strange. The person
who originally set up the file must have copied it from a workbook that was
being used for a very specific purpose. I'm not yet experienced with VBA,
but it looked pretty funky to me.

Thanks for your help!