Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extraction Question

Could you please help me with this matter?

The column found came from a text file.
Number Call test Found
1 t gg 6
2 t rr 10
3 u de 14
4 j ty 20
5 y hu
6 u ed
7 j gt
8 d vf
9 b ki
10 h yh
11 k bg
12 u ed
13 t sw
14 t rt
15 g mk
16 n lo
17 h uy
18 g hg
19 h rt
20 m vf

Then I want to get the information in another sheet which correspond under
the column Call and Test, as shown below:
Found Call test
6 u ed
10 h yh
14 t rt
20 m vf

I will appreciate your helping.
Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm assuming that under the header "Found" are the numbers 6, 10, 14, 20?

assume the table on Sheet1 is in the range A1:D21 (row 1 are column headers)

Enter this formula on Sheet2 in cell A2:

=IF(Sheet1!D2="","",Sheet1!D2)

Enter this formula on Sheet2 in cell B2 and copy across to cell C2:

=IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$C$21,COLUMN S(Sheet1!$A:B),0))

Select cells A2:C2 and copy down until you get blanks.

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks for your quick response.
I setuped the formulas as you described, however, I got nothing in the
sheet2. Besides, when I type the information in the column "D" of the
sheet 1
I got error on the sheet 2.
Could you please tell me what I did wrong or I wonder if you can send me
the
file sample to my e-mail address: .

Thanks.
Maperalia

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's an updated sample file:

http://cjoint.com/?mneAXpQFoi

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valko;
Thank you very much.. It is running perfectly!!!
I really appreciate your giving your support.

Maperalia

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valko;
I sorry to bother you again. However, I have another question..
Why when I copy the formulas you sent me to a new file I got "#N/A" instead
of the readings?
However, when I used the file you sent I do not have this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia.

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For which formula?

#N/A means no match was found. If the data "looks" like it matches you may
have data type mismatches where numbers are really TEXT and/or you may have
leading/trailing spaces that can't be seen. Those are the most common
problems.

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the
coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column
for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Walco;
I was talking about the Vlookup and Index formulas. However, I formatted the
table where the data come from and the "N/A" disappears but I noticed that I
have gotten blanks cells instead and I reactivated them by retyping the
formula again.
If there is any way to refresh the formulas in the cells without retyping
them because I will have around 6000 row and it will required a lot of time
consuming to do it.

Thanks for your help.
Maperalia

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the
coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left column
for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select the range of cells that contain the formulas.
Goto the menu EditReplace
Find what: =
Replace with: =
Replace All

Basically, you're replacing the equal sign with the equal sign.

Biff

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left
the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the
coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left
column
for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valko;
Thank you very much.. You are the best!!!!!

Maperalia

"maperalia" wrote in message
Valko;
Thanks you very much. It it running perfectly!!!
However, I move the data on the sheet 2 to start from B2 and left
the
column
"A" empty. Also I moved the data on the sheet 1 to type dates in the
coumn
"A". However, I can get make the formula to read it in the left
column
for
this dates.
Ii is possible to do that..

Thanks in advance.
Maperalia

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a sample file:

sample_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?mmuQLYWJHo

Biff

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valko;
Thanks for your help..
I wonder if you can give me one last advice.

I created a template sheet with the formulas you gave me (VLookup,Index).
Everything is working perfectly when I type manually the data of the table
which will be read it by these formulas and format it properly.
However, when I copy a data from another sheet and paste it in my template
sheet I got the "#N/A" in all the cells. I have formatted the fonts again
after is been pasted it but I still have the same "#N/A" message. So, I
decided to retype the same data manually and is working very well. I noticed
that is happen only with the column which the formula is been vlookup and/or
match.

Could you please tell me what could be the problem?

Thnaks in advance.
Maperalia
Well
"T. Valko" wrote: