Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofilter 2007

Hi

In excel 2003 I could AutoFilter a load of data and then delete just
the fitered data, in 2007 it deletes all the rows in between the first
and last including non filtered data. Is there away round this?

Thanks

James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Geeze. I hope that this isn't true. But xl95 did work this way, but
xl97-xl2003 only deleted the visible rows.

You can select your range to delete
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
then delete

But can you test this once more just to make sure xl2007 behaves the way you
wrote. I'd be surprised if MS changed this behavior (again!).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave

Looks like your bang on, you CAN do it

You can select your range to delete
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
then delete

However this doesnt seem to be the default behaviour as in 2003.

Cheers

James

wrote:

Hi

In excel 2003 I could AutoFilter a load of data and then delete just
the fitered data, in 2007 it deletes all the rows in between the first
and last including non filtered data. Is there away round this?

Thanks

James

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave

You can breath again...works fine here ;-)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

wrote:

Hi

In excel 2003 I could AutoFilter a load of data and then delete just
the fitered data, in 2007 it deletes all the rows in between the first
and last including non filtered data. Is there away round this?

Thanks

James

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave

I'm off to try it again............

..............No, seems fine, although first time I tried it I seemed to have
deleted it all, can't replicate again though, (about twenty tests, using
traditional dialog and built-in above average, etc, etc)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
James,

If Nick isn't lying <vbg, then you may want to try it once more.

It sounds like his version of xl2007 is working differently from yours.