Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Order of words in title of Excel windows

Hi,
is it possible to change the order of words in Excel window? What I mean:

Actual Status - as a window's title I see: "Microsoft Excel - Document 1"
Desired status - I wanna see: "Document 1 - Microsoft Excel"

The "desired status" I already see e.g. in Microsoft Word. For explanation
why I need it: I have e.g. 10 Excel files opened and all of them begins with
Microsoft Excel. Therefore, I can not clearly recognize which file I need.

Thank you for your help.
JKH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim

You can get rid of the Microsoft Excel part completely and just show the
filename.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = " "

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel logo left of "File" on menu and select "View Code"

Paste the above into that module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:32:01 -0800, Jiri Khun
wrote:

Hi,
is it possible to change the order of words in Excel window? What I mean:

Actual Status - as a window's title I see: "Microsoft Excel - Document 1"
Desired status - I wanna see: "Document 1 - Microsoft Excel"

The "desired status" I already see e.g. in Microsoft Word. For explanation
why I need it: I have e.g. 10 Excel files opened and all of them begins with
Microsoft Excel. Therefore, I can not clearly recognize which file I need.

Thank you for your help.
JKH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This VBA code helps. But it is solution only for files with this code.
Is it possible to do it in general? It means - for all files I open? Also,
better without VBA programming (because of security restriction I can not use
macros).
JKH

wrote:

Hi,
is it possible to change the order of words in Excel window? What I mean:

Actual Status - as a window's title I see: "Microsoft Excel - Document 1"
Desired status - I wanna see: "Document 1 - Microsoft Excel"

The "desired status" I already see e.g. in Microsoft Word. For explanation
why I need it: I have e.g. 10 Excel files opened and all of them begins with
Microsoft Excel. Therefore, I can not clearly recognize which file I need.

Thank you for your help.
JKH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yep. You'll need an application event that looks for you opening workbooks.

See Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But you will still have to enable macros so if you cannot use macros I think
you're out of luck.

Gord