Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Order of words in title of Excel windows

Yep. You'll need an application event that looks for you opening workbooks.

See Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

Jiri Khun wrote:

This VBA code helps. But it is solution only for files with this code.
Is it possible to do it in general? It means - for all files I open? Also,
better without VBA programming (because of security restriction I can not use
macros).
JKH

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jim

You can get rid of the Microsoft Excel part completely and just show the
filename.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = " "

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel logo left of "File" on menu and select "View Code"

Paste the above into that module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:32:01 -0800, Jiri Khun
wrote:

Hi,
is it possible to change the order of words in Excel window? What I mean:

Actual Status - as a window's title I see: "Microsoft Excel - Document 1"
Desired status - I wanna see: "Document 1 - Microsoft Excel"

The "desired status" I already see e.g. in Microsoft Word. For explanation
why I need it: I have e.g. 10 Excel files opened and all of them begins with
Microsoft Excel. Therefore, I can not clearly recognize which file I need.

Thank you for your help.
JKH

--

Dave Peterson