Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filtering drop down lists

Hello,

I am trying to configure my drop downs to in order make them more
searchable. The lists are quite large so I'm hoping to find a macro or
formula which allows me to do this (e.g. type "M" so that I am brought to a
list item beginning with that letter).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

srain001

In xl2k you can sort your list "ascending" and at each change in the first
letter of you list, insert a cell and place the appropriate letter. In your
dropdown just enter the first letter and the click the dropdown arrow and you
are at the beginning of that part of your list.

Does that help?

Mike Rogers