Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing external data 'won't fit' error

Hello-
I'm developing a shared Excel reporting document that has a couple of tabs
of raw data that are queried in, and then a couple of tabs of pivot tables
based on that data. The source data for the raw data tabs is actually
another excel file, one that is stored on a web-accessible file directory on
the company intranet. (haven't quite figured out how to import the access
queries into the excel query tool, b/c it's a fairly complicated (to me) SET
of queries that interact, and also require some hand-tooling afterward to
create the intranet-based data file.

So, on raw data tab 1 (RD1), using Import External Data I pasted the
intranet address of the source data location in as source, so on refresh it
will make RD1 look just like the tab it's pulling from on the source data
book (SD1). This is just what I want. There's also RD2 & 3, which should
reflect SD2 & 3 exactly. They were all working fine, until yesterday, when
the largest one (RD1), upon attempted refresh, said 'data won't fit on page'.
There's 9300 or so rows on SD1, but RD1 only pulled up to row 9077.

Anyone know why it would stop at 9077? Is there some sort of limit on that
kind of import?

Sorry for the long-windedness - - - thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hm, weird - I guess it does that sometimes and sometimes not - I just
refreshed and this time it pulled all ~9300 rows. For the last 2 days it
said it wouldn't fit and only pull 9077. Any ideas?

Also, meant to mention that under 'import external data', I chose 'import
data' and then pasted the intranet file link. Any suggestions for a better
way to do this are welcome.
Could I point the pivot table(s) directly to the intranet file link?