Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Outlook used to remember E-mail addresses

Outlook remembers and deploys a type-ahead feature for its e-mail addresses.
This is wonderful and I have 100s of them in my old PC. How do I teach my
new PC about my collection of e-mail addresses?

I was successful in exporting all data to my new Outlook on my new PC (e.g.,
calendar items, contacts, inbox folders and contents). I can't figure out
how Outlook manages e-mail addresses.

Thank you,
Roy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"RoyWollen" wrote:

Outlook remembers and deploys a type-ahead feature for its e-mail addresses.
This is wonderful and I have 100s of them in my old PC. How do I teach my
new PC about my collection of e-mail addresses?

I was successful in exporting all data to my new Outlook on my new PC (e.g.,
calendar items, contacts, inbox folders and contents). I can't figure out
how Outlook manages e-mail addresses.

Thank you,
Roy

Roy, this is the Excel General forum. You should post on the Outlook forum.

In any event, the typeahead list is built when you actually enter names into
a message. You can type a few letters for each name and then CheckNames and
resolve any conflicts. The more you use it, the "smarter" it will get.

B+
HALinNY