Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Zdzislaw via OfficeKB.com

Default How to stop outlook to be my default mail client

Hi.
Would you please help me?
I use other program to manage my e-mails. How to stop outlook to be my
default mail client. I click accidentally on the button to tell outlook to be
my default mail client.
Zdzislaw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme

This is not an Excel problem but:
Start Internet Explorer
Use menu item Tools|Internet Options and open the Programs tab
Set email client to whatever you need
happy new year
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Zdzislaw via OfficeKB.com" <u14705@uwe wrote in message
Hi.
Would you please help me?
I use other program to manage my e-mails. How to stop outlook to be my
default mail client. I click accidentally on the button to tell outlook to
be
my default mail client.
Zdzislaw

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdzislaw via OfficeKB.com View Post
How to stop outlook to be my
default mail client.
In Win XP, clicking the "Set as default email client" in Windows Live Mail Options may fail, if Office Outlook was installed after Live Mail, and if you're logged into a Limited, non-administrator Windows account.

To resolve that, log into your Windows Administrator account, click "Set Program Access and Defaults" on the Start menu, expand the "Custom" section, and choose Windows Live Mail as the default.

Then, log back into your Limited account, and Windows Live Mail should be your default mail client.