Richard Cook

Default Outlook 97 Mail Format

I know this sounds archaic, but I upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 97
on my computer. I now am faced with the problem that incoming mail, when
opened, is presented in plain text along with the attached '*.html' file. In
order to receive the HTML view, I must then double click the HTML attachment.
Or as an alternate method, I can right-click the unopened mail in the Inbox
and select View Attachments. I find it very odd that this was not necessary
in Outlook Express and now that I've "upgraded," I must perform this extra
step. I've searched the options and Help over and over, asked around,
checked Microsoft's Knowledge Base, but cannot find any answers. By the way,
I added the three pane patch, ol3pane.exe, and the Preview Pane simply shows
the plain text, along with the attached '*.html' file. Can anybody help?
Michael

This is an Excel forum. You might try posting to the Outlook forum.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Richard Cook" wrote:

I know this sounds archaic, but I upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 97
on my computer. I now am faced with the problem that incoming mail, when
opened, is presented in plain text along with the attached '*.html' file. In
order to receive the HTML view, I must then double click the HTML attachment.
Or as an alternate method, I can right-click the unopened mail in the Inbox
and select View Attachments. I find it very odd that this was not necessary
in Outlook Express and now that I've "upgraded," I must perform this extra
step. I've searched the options and Help over and over, asked around,
checked Microsoft's Knowledge Base, but cannot find any answers. By the way,
I added the three pane patch, ol3pane.exe, and the Preview Pane simply shows
the plain text, along with the attached '*.html' file. Can anybody help?

Marvin P. Winterbottom

That's the way outlook 97 works, to get proper display of html email, you
need outlook 2000 or above