Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Format the cells yellow to begin with, then set the CF criteria as follows

CellValueIs....NotEqualTo.....=""

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change Condition 1 to Formua Is and add a formula of

=LEN(A2)0

assuming the first selected cell is A2

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Paperback Writer" wrote in
message ...

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields
change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that
allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed
into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional Formatting
Conditiuon 1
Formula is –¼ =A1=""
Select [Format] "Paterns" Tab, choose your color.
Any enrty including a space will negate the formula and remove the chosen
color.
Lou
I think CLR's method works also