-   -   Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/121188-conditional-formating-help-any-value.html)

Paperback Writer

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

CLR

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

Format the cells yellow to begin with, then set the CF criteria as follows

CellValueIs....NotEqualTo.....=""

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

jjones

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

Can't you just set your condition like this?

Cell Value Is -- equal to -- 0

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Paperback Writer

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

What if they key in "0" for the value? That is a real possibility.

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Elkar

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

How about the ISBLANK function?

=ISBLANK(A1)=FALSE

HTH,
Elkar

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Bob Phillips

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

Change Condition 1 to Formua Is and add a formula of

=LEN(A2)0

assuming the first selected cell is A2

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Paperback Writer" wrote in
message ...

"Paperback Writer" wrote:

I am using conditional formatting in regards to a form that needs to be
filled out. As the user fills out the required fields, the fields
change
from YELLOW to WHITE.

Trouble I am having is alpha-numerics. I need an "IS" statement that
allows
me to change the cell from YELLOW to WHITE whenever ANY VALUE is placed
into
the particular cell.

I need something like: =ISANYVALUE(A1)

THANK YOU

Rookie 1st class

Conditional Formating IS: Help With ANY VALUE

Conditional Formatting
Conditiuon 1
Formula is –¼ =A1=""
Select [Format] "Paterns" Tab, choose your color.
Any enrty including a space will negate the formula and remove the chosen
color.
Lou
I think CLR's method works also