Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and pasting ref cells is not working

I need some help from the Pros... I am workign with a file thathas some
dates listed along the left most Col... I have another area of the workshhet
where I want to ref these same dates using the (=A4) method , well it works
on the first cell but when I copy that cell down the formula in the cell sis
indeed changing to (=A5 and =A6) but the displayed value is not changing?
any suggestions?