Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
May May is offline

Default How can I change the default manual calculation as automatic

I have installed an application software called "Hyperion", after installed
this program, the excel's automatic calculation became manual as default when
open files. I need to click "Tools, options, calculation, automatic", then
excel can do the calculation automatically. Otherwise, the excel spread sheet
is manual calculated.
Could you please advise how can I change the default as automatic
calculation when I open the files every times?

Many thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi May,

I suggest you ask the people who made "Hyperion". After all, if their
software is interacting with Excel, they should know whether you simply need
to set a parameter, for example, to control auto-calc.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"May" <May @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I have installed an application software called "Hyperion", after

installed
this program, the excel's automatic calculation became manual as default

when
open files. I need to click "Tools, options, calculation, automatic", then
excel can do the calculation automatically. Otherwise, the excel spread

sheet
is manual calculated.
Could you please advise how can I change the default as automatic
calculation when I open the files every times?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
May May is offline

Hi macropod

We have followed their suggestions to turn off this software, but the
problem still exists......what is mean by parameter? How can it be set?

Thanks&Regards,
May

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi May,

Well, if "Hyperion" isn't supposed to do this, you'll have to sort it out
with the makers. If it is, then you'll have to choose whether you want to
continue using it. A parameter is a value you could set to alter the
software's behaviour. This would only be relevant if the software is
intended to allow you to choose between auto-calc and manual-calc.

As a last resort, adding a macro like:

Sub Auto_Open()

to the affected workbook(s) might get around the problem.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub Auto_Open << Is "old-tech"

The Current approach is to use the

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
HTH

:

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It is the first Workbook that is opened in any Excel session that sets
the calculation mode that Excel uses, until it is subsequently altered
by code or manually.

It may not be the Hyperion software that has caused a problem, but the
setting in the file that now gets opened first.
Just check the file that you open first, make sure it has a setting of
Automatic calculation, then save it and this might cure the problem.

Otherwise, use the code as suggested, but I would put this in
Personal.xls, as that is the file that gets opened automatically (and
hidden) within Excel, then the calculation mode will be set to Automatic
for all your work (until you change it).

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"macropod" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
May May is offline

Hi

Thank you.

We're using the method of macro.

Here, we can turn the software off from the add in as our computer have
authorize the admin right now. The automatic calculation seems solved. But is
there any other method to solve other than this? Because our IT people said
they didn't want to give us the admin right for security reasons.

But the macro method is bothering us too much!

Anyway, many thanks!

May