Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay JMay is offline

Default How can I change the default manual calculation as automatic

Sub Auto_Open << Is "old-tech"

The Current approach is to use the

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
HTH

"macropod" wrote in message
:

Hi May,

Well, if "Hyperion" isn't supposed to do this, you'll have to sort it out
with the makers. If it is, then you'll have to choose whether you want to
continue using it. A parameter is a value you could set to alter the
software's behaviour. This would only be relevant if the software is
intended to allow you to choose between auto-calc and manual-calc.

As a last resort, adding a macro like:

Sub Auto_Open()

to the affected workbook(s) might get around the problem.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"May" wrote in message
Hi macropod

We have followed their suggestions to turn off this software, but the
problem still exists......what is mean by parameter? How can it be set?

Thanks&Regards,
May

"macropod" wrote:

Hi May,

I suggest you ask the people who made "Hyperion". After all, if their
software is interacting with Excel, they should know whether you simply

need
to set a parameter, for example, to control auto-calc.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"May" <May @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I have installed an application software called "Hyperion", after
installed
this program, the excel's automatic calculation became manual as

default
when
open files. I need to click "Tools, options, calculation, automatic",

then
excel can do the calculation automatically. Otherwise, the excel

spread
sheet
is manual calculated.
Could you please advise how can I change the default as automatic
calculation when I open the files every times?

Many thanks!