Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Date Format

I create a pivot table where the date format from the source data is ENTERED
as mm/dd/yyyy. (1/30/2007) I change the format display in the source data to
dd-Mmm-yy (01-Jan-07). When I create the pivot table, the format is
mm/dd/yyyy. (1/30/2007). OK, same as source data. I want the pivot table
format to be dd-Mmm-yy (01-Jan-07). I can change the format in the pivot
table, but when I refresh the table, the format reverts back to mm/dd/yyyy.
I've tried every combination of Autoformat table and preserve formatting in
the options screen but get the same results. What do I need to do? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click the Date field button, and choose Field Settings
Click the Number button, and select the date format you want
Click OK, click OK.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra, Thanks, I tried your recommendation. The problem is when I refresh
the tables (I have dozens tied to the same spreadsheet) the dates revert back
to the original format. I want to avoid having to change date format
everytime I refresh the tables. Any suggestions?
Cliff