Old November 15th 06, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A ? for our Excel Guru's and MVPs

Considering that we are under the Microsoft Forum Domain and as a simple
excel user. I need to know what are the guarantee we can obtain from 3rd
party Add Ins or formula building in standard excel program considering the
following.
1. Excel program always upgrade itself..Will the suggested formula building
thru 3rd party suggestions be guaranteed as integral part of any excel
upgrade?
2. If there are formula suggested under this forum that are not covered by
the Help Files samples and Function description, will this microsoft forum
guarantee the CHECKED MARKS and such checked marks will be integral to all
the succeeding microsoft Upgrades. I am not foolish to obtain any suggestion
even they are CHECKED if these suggestions are not explained or distinguished
precisely by microsoft help files considering the risk in the future that I
may not able to use the old MS files, utilizing unexplained formula
structuring by the excel programmers himself or MS Support files.
I hope you can bother to give comments since excel's future is based on the
present.
thanks for any clear and guaranteed reply..

Old November 15th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I really have no idea what feedback you're looking for here?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Old November 15th 06, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As an extension...Since the microsoft forum have duly selected the technical
expertise of our MVP's...I am looking forward that microsoft excel will
provide these formula structuring (function usage) in the microsoft Help or
support Files...further to allowing our dear users like me to use such in a
recorded excel files....

Old November 15th 06, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sure

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Old November 15th 06, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ms guy? pls. when?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sure

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Old November 15th 06, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is a forum provided by MS for MS products, apart from offensive content,
MS then let it roll, and make no commitments to what is done or said here.

MVPs are not MS people, MS give the award as a recognition of their
contribution to helping communities, but again with no commitment on either
party other than behaving appropriately.

There are only 2 guarantees in life, and you know them, MS products sure
aren't one of them.

If you are looking for guarantees that anything you do, anything you
install, etc. will work in future MS products, your dreaming IMO. Either
ride the risk, or use the LCD of functionality.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

Old November 15th 06, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:01:03 -0800, 4pinoy
wrote:

Considering that we are under the Microsoft Forum Domain and as a simple
excel user. I need to know what are the guarantee we can obtain from 3rd
party Add Ins or formula building in standard excel program considering the
following.
1. Excel program always upgrade itself..Will the suggested formula building
thru 3rd party suggestions be guaranteed as integral part of any excel
upgrade?

NO

2. If there are formula suggested under this forum that are not covered by
the Help Files samples and Function description, will this microsoft forum
guarantee the CHECKED MARKS and such checked marks will be integral to all
the succeeding microsoft Upgrades. I am not foolish to obtain any suggestion
even they are CHECKED if these suggestions are not explained or distinguished
precisely by microsoft help files considering the risk in the future that I
may not able to use the old MS files, utilizing unexplained formula
structuring by the excel programmers himself or MS Support files.
I hope you can bother to give comments since excel's future is based on the
present.
thanks for any clear and guaranteed reply..

It seems you completely misunderstand the nature of the forum. Although MS
provides the server space, this forum is about users helping users.

The "guarantees" are worth what you pay for them; and I'm sure some will offer
you double-your-money-back if you are not satisfied.
--ron
Old November 15th 06, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only thing I would add is that for so long as there are questions to be
asked and a forum in which to ask them there will be people here to give you
a hand... I have every faith that things will break and that things will get
fixed.

Gee Bob... I thought you were one of the guarantees in life? I'm shattered!
<g
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Old November 15th 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not questioning about the whole products...I am pertaining only on the
formula structuring of excel - no more no less.
Since I use excel, I hade never experienced a fault on formula structuing
huided by the help files...I consider the help files as a true guarantee on a
cautiously made spreadsheet.. Out from the help files,,,I cannot do it ay all.

Also
see : https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvptechres
I've scanned thru the above site and found out the
certifications/licensing/opportunities/rights/entitlements for MVP directly.
Hence I suppose that all of checked suggestions are responsive and linked
with microsoft excel formula structuring.

You can also see from other page where the forum's page with rules of
conduct and other matters about microsoft role on this forum together with
MVP's who can control the forum in checking and unchecking....
I hope that everything is linked together, same with the basics of excel
formula structuring...
My question is still unanswered, if 3rd party is not a part, then why check
it ?