Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to calculate based on dates?

I want to calculate whether total payments are ahead or behind of schedule.

Column A is for Dates.

Column L is the difference between J$6 and J(whatever selected row). The
number in Column L gets
larger, row by row.

I want to have a Column M that calculates how much the figures in column L
are ahead or behind
plan. The plan is for column L to increase at 53 per day.

The entries and the dates entered in Column A are not daily (or in any
regular periodic sequence),
but they are chronological of course.

Working with the dates is confusing me -- can anyone help?!

Thanks,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps this table (if it shows up right) will make things clearer:

Date
Total credit debt
Amt of credit debt reduced
Cummula-tive credit reduction
Credit reduction ahead or behind (-)

20-Jul
15,629.33
na
na
na

6-Sep
13,115.73
2,513.60
2,513.60

20-Oct
12,834.65
281.08
3,244.05

13-Nov
12,104.20
730.45
3,525.13

"Jack B" wrote in message
I want to calculate whether total payments are ahead or behind of schedule.

Column A is for Dates.

Column L is the difference between J$6 and J(whatever selected row). The
number in Column L gets larger, row by row.

I want to have a Column M that calculates how much the figures in column L
are ahead or behind plan. The plan is for column L to increase at 53 per
day.

The entries and the dates entered in Column A are not daily (or in any
regular periodic sequence), but they are chronological of course.

Working with the dates is confusing me -- can anyone help?!

Thanks,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, that post didn't work out -- see the table at
http://home.earthlink.net/~holysmoke...alculation.gif

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess I thought it was harder than it really is.

This seems to work [Column L is the difference between J$5 and J(whatever
selected row)]:

=IF(ISNUMBER(L6),($A$5-A6)*53+L6,"")

Jack