Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack B Jack B is offline

Default how to calculate based on dates?

I guess I thought it was harder than it really is.

This seems to work [Column L is the difference between J$5 and J(whatever
selected row)]:

=IF(ISNUMBER(L6),($A$5-A6)*53+L6,"")

Jack
---------------------------------------

"Jack B" wrote in message
I want to calculate whether total payments are ahead or behind of schedule.

Column A is for Dates.

Column L is the difference between J$6 and J(whatever selected row). The
number in Column L gets
larger, row by row.

I want to have a Column M that calculates how much the figures in column L
are ahead or behind
plan. The plan is for column L to increase at 53 per day.

The entries and the dates entered in Column A are not daily (or in any
regular periodic sequence),
but they are chronological of course.

Working with the dates is confusing me -- can anyone help?!

Thanks,
Jack