Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Header/Footer

Any ideas on how to repeat rows at the bottom of each page? The text I need
to repeat is too large for the footer (exceeds characters). I don't want to
figure out where to break my pages to insert the text each time.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Setting "rows to repeat at top" is setting Print Titles and is not the same as
setting a header.

You can have a header as well as the Print Titles.

No. You cannot set "rows to repeat at bottom".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:28:03 -0800, "Antonio"
wrote:

Hi, all

For the header, have an option to select row to repeat at top, is
there anything similar for the footer??

Tks in advance
Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Page Break Preview and paste your text above each page break.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote:
Hi, all
For the header, have an option to select row to repeat at top, is
there anything similar for the footer??
Tks in advance
Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has no function for repeating rows at bottom.

Workaround................

Select the range to repeat.

SHIFT + Edit and "Copy Picture" as Bitmap

StartRun clipbrd.exe

FileSave As mypic.clp

With your favorite Graphics Editor like IrfanView, convert mypic.clp to a *.jpg
file.

Insert that into your footer.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

Hi, all

For the header, have an option to select row to repeat at top, is
there anything similar for the footer??

Tks in advance
Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BBZ BBZ is offline

The answer looks partially answered my questions. But how to apply the
customized header and footers to other existing file without re-editing them
?

wrote:

Hi, all

For the header, have an option to select row to repeat at top, is
there anything similar for the footer??

Tks in advance
Antonio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If text to repeat on all files would be the same as first one, create the
*.jpeg then record a macro while inserting the graphic on grouped sheets in
that workbook.

Run that macro on each existing file.

If text would be unique to each sheet and/or file, you have a lot of work to
do.

Gord