Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jen Jen is offline

Default VLOOKUP How do you keep the pathway linked to original source?

Hi,

I have used vlook up across different workbooks. All is well until I resave
the source as a version 2 in a different folder. I would like the vlookup to
remain the same, linked to first workbook - but I find that it adjusts
itself to search within the new workbook I have created. Is there anyway I
can "lock" the vlookup so that it is not affected by pathway changes or can
you only use Vlook up on worksheets within the same workbook?

Suggestions are much appreciated - Thanks!

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

at the moment when you resave the source file, make sure you have the file
with the vlookup CLOSED before you do that. It only "knows" to adjust itself
if it is open when you resave the other file.

or you can close both files, and use windows explorer rather than excel to
copy or rename the source file.

--
Allllen