Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default VLOOKUP How do you keep the pathway linked to original source?

Save & close the workbook with the VLOOKUP formula BEFORE saving the source
workbook with new name & path

"Jen" wrote:

Hi,

I have used vlook up across different workbooks. All is well until I resave
the source as a version 2 in a different folder. I would like the vlookup to
remain the same, linked to first workbook - but I find that it adjusts
itself to search within the new workbook I have created. Is there anyway I
can "lock" the vlookup so that it is not affected by pathway changes or can
you only use Vlook up on worksheets within the same workbook?

Suggestions are much appreciated - Thanks!

Jen