Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why don't Excel formulas translate in copy/paste or fill down?

I have a worksheet in the new excel 2007 beta 2 technical refresh

Copy/Paste and fill down aren't translating formulas like they should. Is
there a bug or a setting somewhere i don't know about?

cell G31 has formula =F31*$D31. If i fill this down or copy it to G32, i
expect G32 to have the formula =F32*$D32, but it doesn't; it gets the exact
same formula as F31 - no translation happens.
Anyone know what's up here?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The short answer to your question is that XL 2007 is a beta version of Excel,
and, therefore, there may be some bugs in it.

If you want more detail on this issue, I would contact the developers
directly, via their blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Janunson" wrote:

I have a worksheet in the new excel 2007 beta 2 technical refresh

Copy/Paste and fill down aren't translating formulas like they should. Is
there a bug or a setting somewhere i don't know about?

cell G31 has formula =F31*$D31. If i fill this down or copy it to G32, i
expect G32 to have the formula =F32*$D32, but it doesn't; it gets the exact
same formula as F31 - no translation happens.
Anyone know what's up here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
md md is offline

Perhaps the automatic calculation option was turned off? Check under Tool,
Options, Calculation.